Clinical Randomisation of an Antifibrinolytic in Significant Head Injury
Start Date: August 2013
End Date: January 2019
The CRASH-3 trial will provide evidence about the effect of tranexamic acid (TXA) on mortality and disability in patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- The CRASH-3 trial is a large, international randomised, placebo controlled trial, to assess the safety and effect of the administration of TXA in patients with TBI on mortality and morbidity.
- Inclusion criteria
- Adults with TBI
- Within three hours of injury
- With any intracranial bleeding on CT scan or who have a GCS of 12 or less, and have no significant extra-cranial haemorrhage, are eligible for inclusion
- Exclusion criteria
- Those for whom antifibrinolytic agents are thought to be clearly indicated or clearly contra-indicated
- Treatment will be allocated randomly